The Do’s And Don’ts Of A GOTV Campaign
- You must provide employees written notice of the NON-PARTISAN nature of the campaign.
- You must provide registration information to all employees regardless of their individual political beliefs or opinions.
- DO encourage any and every member of your organization to register to vote. This applies equally to executives, managers and professionals, as well as temps.
- DO identify your company as the sponsor of your voter-registration campaign. You may use your business logo and stationary.
- DO pay for print and electronic media such as billboards, radio ads, posters, leaflets/flyers, direct mail that urges employees to register and to vote on Election Day.
- DO NOT endorse, back, support or oppose any candidate or political party in connection with a voter-registration campaign.
- DO NOT influence, pressure or manipulate your employees in whom they should vote for.
DO NOT coordinate voter-registration drives with any candidate or political party.