Organizing A “Watch Party!”
Organizing a “Watch Party” to watch primary returns, presidential debates or the November presidential election returns can be a fun and easy way to engage your employees, colleagues or fellow chapter members. Here are a few pointers when organizing a watch party.
- If at work, get approval from HR and senior management.
- Use an easily accessed area that can accommodate a large group.
- Make sure to have enough educational and voter registration materials available for all staff.
- Organize a group of Team Leaders to help during the event.
- Create an agenda that lists all GOTV activities.
- Distribute information of the rally companywide to encourage maximum participation.
- Provide refreshments for employees.
- Have the company leadership such as the CEO or president speak with the employees and reinforce the importance of voting.
- Keep it FUN, EDUCATIONAL and INTERACTIVE!
- Think about offering giveaways for your participants! Need some ideas, check out the SHRMStore’s election gear located HERE.